I've started a new job in management with and Arts and Crafts retailer. We've been setting up a new store here in Cape Coral, which opens on August 20. So far I like it, though the pay is crap, and I'm looking forward to settling into the job's regular routine when we open. I've discovered that I'm not 22 anymore, what with all of the lifting and twisting and bending I've been doing to get the place ready. I can't keep up with the 17 year olds we've hired as part-time labor. Actually, I can keep up with them, but when I get home and sit down my body screams bloody murder. Pride is a terrible thing.
Along with the standard "Manager of the Day" duties, I'll be responsible for the Scrapbooking department and a few others. I love scrapbooking... I just never seem to have enough time to do as much of it as I'd like. The store carries a lot of really neat stuff that I feel like I have to have too. Thank God for direct deposit or I'll never make it out of the store on payday with any money left for inconsequential things like food. There are two types of scrapbookers - those who make scrapbooks and those who collect scrapbooking supplies. I want to be the former, but am in danger of being the later.
I have so much memorabilia collected over the years, and scads of pictures in boxes and albums and on CD's and hard drives that are waiting for me to go through and organize. That's a big enough task before adding in design and embellishment. The results are so satisfying, though, that it's more than worth the effort.
Mr. and Mr. Recreational vehicle are wrapping up their preparations before heading starting their 6-month trek across the wilderness. It's only a matter of time now - but isn't is always?
5-17-17 Thru 5-19-17 (More Vacation Left Overs)
-
I’m a bad blogger. I just realized that I never finished blogging about
our Hawaiian trip. Yeah, I finished about Hawaii itself but didn’t finish
about...
9 years ago

5 comments:
You could have created 50 scrapbooks during the past few months. Don't collect supplies. Been there, done that.
Can I have the supplies you didn't use? ::wink::
Love the blog. Can't wait to read more :-)
With the nick name "Gabby" you really need to live up to it more! Mike you always have so much to say...and I have always loved seeing the world thru your eyes...please post soon!
JD
Hmmmm, where's the entries? Either you're lazy or have a boring life.
Post a Comment