David turned 49 today, woo hoo! I arranged to have the day off so I'd be available for whatever the birthday boy wanted to do. A good idea in theory, but it turns out he just wanted to go to Outback for dinner and we went so late I could have still worked a closing shift. Ah well, it's the thought that counts right?
Speaking of the thought that counts, this year the honey did not get any cards on time. Family members and friends called throughout the day to wish him well on the anniversary of his birth - and to inform him that the card was in the mail. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but this year it turns out everybody was late and being the Scorpio that he is - he was bummed. I could tell. In case you're wondering if I bucked the trend and saved the day, I'm afraid not. Yup, I forgot to get him a card in time too. I feel very guilty about that as it is, so save your snarky comments - you didn't do it either.
After checking the coupons for specials, David settled on Outback Steakhouse and off we went. He had the Outback Special (the 9-oz sirloin) and was quite happy with it. I, of course, had to complicate things by ordering fish. I don't get it much at home because David only likes fish if it's square and breaded. So yes, we went to a steakhouse and I wanted fish. The Tilapia in a Crab and Mushroom cream sauce looked good but with all the chemically-laced stuff coming out of China these days I wanted to be sure it wasn't imported. The waiter was completely stumped by the question "is it domestic or imported?" and gaped at me open-mouthed for a beat before asking another server as she passed by. The verdict? "oh geez, I dunno dude..." (run away). "No problem," I say, "I'll just have the Salmon instead." This didn't sit well with our server who was determined to check with the 'Chef'. Sure enough, the Tilapia was declared domestic and served up promptly. I have this image in my head of the 'Chef' saying "I don't friggin' know either, just tell him it is." At any rate, it was tasty and the accompanying grilled asparagus was perfect. I'll let you know if I end up with Melamine Poisoning. ::twitch::
Dinner dispatched, we headed home for some quiet time in front of the TV and take-out Dairy Queen. We live such an exciting life, eh?
5-17-17 Thru 5-19-17 (More Vacation Left Overs)
-
I’m a bad blogger. I just realized that I never finished blogging about
our Hawaiian trip. Yeah, I finished about Hawaii itself but didn’t finish
about...
9 years ago

1 comment:
I should have gotten extra points for calling the day before his birthday.
Post a Comment